Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Costa Rica - An Addendum

Just a brief addendum to my post yesterday. Looking it over, I hope it did not seem overly negative, as I would like to stress that, despite its difficulties, Costa Rica is a country that my wife and I want to become much better acquainted with. If possible, on our next trip we would like to rent accommodations, perhaps for a month, somewhere in the Central Valley (but not San Jose!) and experience the daily rhythm of life there. In addition to the country’s natural endowments, the slower pace and simpler way of life is enormously attractive to both of us. In fact, after our second visit to Costa Rica in March, my wife was hoping to import aspects of that pace and philosophy into our Canadian lives. Thus far, we have only met with limited success.

No comments: