Friday, June 29, 2007

The Joys of Summer -

As I write this on June 29, the last day of work for teachers in Ontario, I am reminded of how, when I was still teaching, once that date arrived, I really didn’t want to think about pedagogical matters again for a long time. Despite that, due to the regimented nature of the teacher’s life, divesting myself of the educator’s persona usually took me about two weeks.. One of the best ways for me to begin to unwind was to embark on my summer reading, which usually consisted of a combination of familiar and new authors. So, in deference to those of you who will be returning to the classroom in the fall and savoring this season’s opportunity for rejuvenation, my upcoming posts will be lighter and devoted to some of the authors I have enjoyed over the years. As well, I may comment on movies I think are worthy of note. I hope that you will consider placing some of your recommendations in the comment section of this blog as well.

Now take a deep breath and begin to relax. I’ll be back shortly.

No comments: